Thursday, November 26, 2009

Introduction

I have been asked for a recipe by a friend, and have been meaning to start a blog on the subject for a while, so here we are.

For me cooking is much more art than science. I rarely time or measure anything, and quite often tinker with dishes as they cook. Recipes will never be exactly the same twice. Just eating and tasting should give an appreciation of what flavours work well.

I believe food should be tasted as it is cooked. When things start going wrong, they can often be rescued. If things are not coming out as you expect, just chuck something else in there. Big splash of hot pepper sauce can cover most things!

If you are the type of person who slavishly follows Delia, you might have some difficulty making these recipes work. If you like experimenting in the kitchen, then you might have some success.

If the blog encourages one person to think, “You know what Jamie, that way too many squeezed lemons, I going to use half that” or “ Nice idea Delia, but it’s a bit bland, I fancy a scotch bonnet and honey would do it a power of good” then excellent. I doubt it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

yasmin lawsuit