Thursday, December 3, 2009

An idea for Christmas

It appears that it is not necessity that is the mother of invention, it is the wife entertaining. I have to come up with something Christmassy, finger food and sweet. Mince pies are obvious, but I like to be different. I am a big fan of Christmas pudding (especially fried in bacon fat for breakfast) and fancied doing something with this.

I want a pretty moist pudding which I can scoop out and roll into little balls. These I will dust with icing sugar and then inject with a little crème anglaise (hope they hold). These are to serve with coffee like little Chrismassy truffles, or duffles as I have decided to call them.

Finding a pudding might be a little problematic in Jamaica, so I might be making my first pudding too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

yasmin lawsuit